Download my CV and Resume here:
S. Spangelo, “Modeling and Optimizing Space Networks for Improved Communication Capacity”, Ph.D. Thesis in Aerospace Engineering, University of Michigan, December 2012.
Refereed Journal Publications
- S. Spangelo, J. Cutler, A. Klesh, and D. Boone,“Models and Tools to Evaluate Space Communication Network Capacity ”, Accepted to IEEE Transactions on Aerospace and Electronic Systems, vol. 48, no. 3, pp. 2387-2404, July 2012.
- S. Spangelo and E. Gilbert, “Power Optimization of Solar-Powered Aircraft with Speciﬁed Closed Ground Tracks”, Journal of Aircraft, vol. 50, no. 1, pp. 232-238, January-February 2013.
- S.C. Spangelo, M.W. Bennett, D.C. Meinzer, A.T. Klesh, J.A. Arlas, J.W. Cutler, “Design and Implementation of the GPS Subsystem for the Radio Aurora Explorer”, Acta Astronautica, vol. 87, pp. 127-138, June-July 2013.
- S. Spangelo and J. Cutler, “Analytical Modeling Framework and Applications for Space Communication Networks”, Journal of Aerospace Information Systems, vol. 10, no. 10, pp. 452-466, October 2013.
- S. Spangelo, J. Cutler, A. Cohn, and K. Gilson, “Optimization-Based Scheduling for the Single-Satellite, Multi-Ground Station Communication Problem“, Accepted to Computers and Operations Research, vol. 57, pp. 1-16, May 2015 [to appear].
- S. Spangelo and B. Longmier, “Optimization of CubeSat System-level Design and Propulsion Systems for Earth-Escape Missions”, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Accepted December 2014.
- S. Spangelo, S. Unwin, J. Bock, “All Sky Survey Mission Observing Scenario Strategy”, Journal of Astronomical Telescopes, Under Review in Instruments, and Systems (published by SPIE),Accepted with Revisions, 2014.
- S. Spangelo, D. Landau, N. Aurora, T. Randolph, “Defining the Optimal Requirements for the Micro Electric Propulsion Systems for Small Spacecraft Applications”, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets, Under Review.
- M. Shao, T. Slava, S. Spangelo, T. Werne “A constellation of CubeSats with synthetic tracking cameras to search for 90% of potentially hazardous near-Earth objects”, Astronomical Journal, Under Review.
Journal Publications in Preparation
- Jennifer Hudson, Sara Spangelo, Daniel Kolosa, and Kristina Lemmer, “Mission Analysis for CubeSats with Micro Propulsion”, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets.
- S. Spangelo, D. Dalle, and B. Longmier, “Integrated Optimization of Vehicle Design and Trajectories for Low Earth Orbit Small Spacecraft Missions”, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets.
- S. Spangelo, “Optimization of Small Spacecraft Constellation Architectures for Earth and Interplanetary Applications”, Journal of Spacecraft and Rockets.
Refereed Conference Proceedings and Workshop Presentations in CV